A favourite occasion in Monaco takes point all time period in November, the Monaco Marathon. And once I say popular, I close-fisted it virtually - the circumstance is unequivocal to whoever desires to participate.
The domain of Monaco self severely restrained, the 42 km Marathon is the lone one that takes establish along the beach of iii countries, on the region of France and Italy.
This year, the the 8th Riviera Marathon programme was as follows:
- November 12th - from 14.00 to 19.00: beginning of the Marathon Expo
- November 13th - from 10,00 to 22.30:
- Opening of the Marathon Expo;
- Presentation of the classes and athletes;
- Pasta Party in the vicinity by the Marathon Expo.
- November 14th - from 7.00 to 14.30:
- Distribution of competition bibs;
- Group Warm-up towards the Start Line
- 9.30 - Start of the 8th "Marathon de Monaco et des Riviera"
- 10.15 - Start of the 2nd "10 Km of Monte-Carlo"
- 14.00 - Prize Giving
At 9,30 the race was started by HSH Crown Prince Albert of Monaco exterior the IAAF's Headquarters. The class was accessible for 5.5 work time.
On November 14th, on a sunny, warming but gusty weather, the protrusive line-up counted 3000 competitors from over and done with 40 countries. Taking place for the ordinal circumstance this year, the 10 km trajectory was run by 958 contestants.
This year, the participants fundraised and ran on position of , a non-profit body in Colorado that offers aid for folks beside mental or labour-intensive disabilities.
The glutted classic was won by Russian contestants:
- Men: Andrey Chernychov with a circumstance of 2h 22min 12sec.
- Women: (11th general) Maria Fedosseva next to a instance of 2h 41min 17sec.
The 10km competition was won by:
- Men: Emanuele Manzi from Italy, near a example of 31min 42sec.
- Women: Vitkoria Nagy from Hungary, next to a juncture of 37min 37sec.